torsdag den 14. august 2008

The National reveals new song

I just got back from a few weeks vacation, so what better way to sink back in to normality than by going to a The National show in my home city? Since I've never seen them perform before I didn't quite know what to expect from this bunch of ageing family men... They certainly didn't go all-out rock'n'roll bonkers, but with their particular brand of music in mind, that might have seemed a bit over the top. What they did do was focus on the songs (as they deserve), and play a tight and melancholy show with the odd ballad and/or rock-out ending. Needles to say, I was very pleased with the way things turned out. And even better; they played a brand new tune that could end up really quite amazing when it eventually ends up on an album in the (hopefully) near future. Someone taped it at their Copenhagen gig a few nights earlier, so here goes:


Ingen kommentarer: